Concord-St. Andrew's UMC has a robust and active Outreach and Missions Committee. Throughout the year, we support local and international initiatives to help people in need. All are invited to help us help others. You can learn about our latest projects here.
- We help the homeless and working poor by providing dinners to two local shelters: Bethesda House, which houses approximately 15 men; and Dorothy Day Place, which caresfor 20 women. Want to sign up? Email us to find out when you can help!
- We contribute non-perishable food throughout the year to Bethesda Help and Manna Food Center. You can make your donations at the church. Contact us for more information.
- We are an active Contributing Member to Interfaith Works. You can donate gently used clothing at CSA.
- Our largest and most joyful outreach project is the annual Christmas Angel Tree Project. CSA is a staging location for clothes, toys and food baskets for families in need. Watch this space for updates after Thanksgiving!
- We support the work of missionaries in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Nicaragua. Contact us to learn more about how you can help.
- We have maintained a relationship with the Karura Ka Nyunga Primary School in Nairobi, Kenya for more than 20 years. You can learn more about our journey with Karura here and you can donate here.
In addition to the projects listed above, we support UMCOR, the United Methodist Committee for Relief. All financial donations to UMCOR go directly to victims of natural and human caused disasters. You can learn more about UMCOR here.