Reverend Susan Brown
Reverend Susan Brown became the new Pastor of Concord-St. Andrew’s UMC on July 1, 2014. Reverend Brown began pastoral ministry in North Dakota in 1993 and has been serving churches in the Baltimore Washington Conference since 1994.
- Minot State University, summa cum laude, in 1994 with a degree in psychology and minors in sociology and philosophy.
- In 1998, Rev. Brown graduated with honors from Wesley Theological Seminary with an MDIV and an emphasis in Ethics, Sociology, and Politics.
- At Wesley, she founded the Ochlos Table Fellowship. Ochlos included students from diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and races seeking understanding and friendships through an open discussion of issues facing their communities.
- Her specialized training includes congregational development, coaching, and church planting from the United Methodist Church.
- Rev. Brown’s appointments have included two new church plants and one interim assignment.
- In addition to her pastoral duties, Rev. Brown has served communities as a Maryland State Police Chaplain, a Domestic Violence Instructor, a Domestic Violence Direct Service Provider, an advocate for victims of sexual assault, and a member of the Maryland Emergency Critical Incident Response Team.
- Rev. Brown and her husband, Terry, celebrated their first wedding anniversary on June 1, 2014. Terry enjoys a current position as Design Engineer for Optical Scientific, Inc. He is also a jazz guitarist.
- Together, Rev. Brown and Terry have five grown children, and one grandson. Three of their children live nearby in Maryland and two live in the Western states.